Technical summary - OpenVMS systems virtualisation on HP VM
The following technical summary is intended to help you understand some of the key aspects that you will come across when working with a virtualised OpenVMS Integrity system running under HPVM.
OpenVMS guests under HP VM
- HPUX based hypervisor on Integrity Server hardware.
- Limited storage device support (eg: no direct access to fibrechannel devices).
- AVIO drivers for storage and network.
- Supports clustering.
- Supports MSCP storage.
- Last release of HP VM to support OpenVMS is HP VM V4.3 (based on HP-UX V11iV3 September 2011).
- Not supported on -i4 Integrity Servers (HP VM V6.x).